Thursday, March 26, 2009

The day has come - the thesis is here!!

I have finally posted my entire Master's Thesis on pilgrimage here online. My apologies for the formatting errors, which did not translate between my document and this blog. I hope to gradually fix those. Also, though this has been through many rounds of editing, I know there are still the occasional typos or errors. Eventually they will be fixed, too.

For now, though, I invite you to look beyond those technical issues and dive into the heart of my work. This Thesis was a labor of love, created as the very core of my studies at Goddard College in the Individualized Master of Arts program. It essentially is divided into three main parts.

First, the historical and cultural exploration of pilgrimage. This is the section entitled Pilgrimage Then and Now.
Second, the exploration of personal transformation, A Closer Look: The Inner Labyrinth of Pilgrimage.
These two secions comprise what is the Process Paper portion of my thesis, the research element. Collectively they are called Pilgrimage Is...

The second major section of this work is broken up for the sake of ease of reading. These are the reflections, journals, contemplations, etc, from my own four personal pilgrimage journeys that contribute to this work. I have divided these into five sections.
First, the Introductory writing, which provides some personal explorations into my motivation in entering into pilgrimage.
Second, my writings about my pilgrimage along the Camino, The Slowest Pilgrim.
Third, my writings about my journey through Peru and Bolivia: Meeting Silence in Desert and Mountains.
Fourth, my writings about my journey through China and Tibet: The Heart of Buddhism
Finally, the writings following the journey in China and Tibet, and forward into writings from my journey in Paris: Awakening to Beauty

I have also included my annotated bibliography, as well as my extensive full bibliography for your reference. These are surely not the entirety of pilgrimage writing, but a thorough collection of reading material that could inform and inspire anyone hoping to take to the pilgrimage road one day.

Many blessings to those of you who followed me through these journeys, and to those of you who supported me in this thesis work. My heart is endlessly grateful for that connection.

Love and Blessings,
Angela Blueskies
March 26, 2009

No comments: